1. Find two devices to use. You will listen to the rehearsal tracks using headphones with one, and you will record you video with the other. Prop your recording device on a shelf, cabinet, counter, tripod, etc. to get it level with you. Please don't video from the floor, up your nose.
2. Be mindful of your background. Video INSIDE so we don't have outside noise; however, find a time to do so when it's quiet. TV noise in the background or people talking will mess up your video. Wear your chorus t-shirt. Alumni can wear an old chorus t-shirt or another dark colored shirt.
3. Frame yourself in your video as shown in the picture above. Film it HORIZONTALLY (longways, not tall), with you in the center.
4. Open the "Click here to record your video" link below on the device you will use to record the video. Choose "Record a Response", login with your email, and allow the computer to access your microphone and camera if it asks.
5. Hit "Record" on the device you are recording video on first, then hit "Play" on the device you're listening to. Use the voice part links below to listen. When Duncan says "clap" on the recording, please clap (on the word "clap"- not after it) loudly so that it can be seen and heard on the video.
6. Sing your part only. Be sure to smile and look happy- even on the parts where you do not sing!
6. Hit "Next" on your listening device. It will allow you to listen to your video if you want. Once you're done, hit "next" again. Last, click submit.
7. Repeat for the second song! (if applicable)
Carol of the Bells
IF THERE IS NO CLAP INSTRUCTION ON THE AUDIO, THAT'S FINE. STILL RECORD YOURSELF SINGING.
I Sing Because I'm Happy
Forget Not My Heart
It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas
Tell My Father
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Sending You A Little Christmas
As with all performances, this will count as a performance grade. Performance grades account for 40% of your average per the school system's grading percentages for performing arts classes. I will grade your performance as closely as possible to how I would if we were live. The break down will be as follows: 10%- Are you on time for the performance? (virtual- did you turn it in on time?), 10%- Are you in costume/dress code for our performance?, 80%- Overall performance (virtual- did you follow all of the guidelines for the recording, are the majority of the pitches and rhythms correct, are you singing correctly, is your diction correct, are you observing expressive markings, etc)